Version Date: 1 January 2022
Our commitment to your privacy
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Tradie Terms®, a trading name of Terms Academy Limited a company incorporated in New Zealand under company number 7659640, and its affiliates and related entities (referred to as we, our or us) via our website www.tradieterms.com (Site).
We respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our Site or contact us in any way.
This Policy sets out how:
- We collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- This Policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Privacy Act 2020 (and any amendments).
- If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
If you have any questions or concerns about our Policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us through the Contact section on our Site.
Please read this Policy carefully as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
When this Policy applies
This Policy applies to all information collected through any one or more of:
- Our Site
- Any mobile application
- Facebook (Meta) application (including messenger)
- Email exchanges
- Chat bot application (if applicable)
- Instagram application,
- Training platform forums or portals
- Sales, marketing, or in-person events.
Collectively, all the above is known as your “personal information“.
By using our Online Goods and Services, or supplying your personal information through any of the above channels or methods you voluntarily provide us with your personal information.
This includes when you register with us, express an interest in ,get information from us, take part in events with us and otherwise contact us.
If you disagree with this Policy, please stop using our Online Goods and Services.
Collecting your personal information
If you access any of our Online Goods and Services or products (including our visiting our Site or any mobile application, Facebook application, Instagram application, training programmes, sales events or signing up for our newsletter or downloads), you may need to provide us with some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your social media contact information
- Your payment details (if applicable) noting we will only use an encrypted third party payment handling service for these purposes
Using your personal information
We collect and use your personal information to:
- Provide Online Goods and Services and products to you.
- Administer digital access to our products or Online Goods and Services efficiently.
- Conduct market research if you agree to participate in that.
- Tell you about our new products, services, and promotions.
- Customise our marketing and advertising.
- Improve the services and products that we provide to you.
- Bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions.
- Respond to communications from you.
- Keep our Online Goods and Services safe and protected.
- Protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Privacy Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of the following:
- any business that supports our Online Goods and Services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Site or other Online Goods and Services and products.
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority).
- trusted third parties to customise our marketing and advertising or for any other legitimate business purpose (such as getting advice from professionals or our business partners).
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency).
- any other person authorised by you.
- We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this Policy or that are otherwise made clear to you on our Online Goods and Services.
We do not control all the use of your personal information when you post online Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider.
When non-Personal Information may be collected
By using our Online Goods and Services, you may provide us with other information, such as data collected from surveys and comments you make on online forums. When you use them, we may automatically collect certain information from you as well.
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Online Goods and Services and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Online Goods and Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Using social media platforms to connect with us
We will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e -mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
We may also request access to other permissions related to your account, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
When you submit a comment or review, your first name and last name initial, or your display name (if you have set one), is displayed with your comment.
Please note though that when you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to our Site and social media online course platforms) or otherwise interact with public areas of our Online Goods and Services, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside our Online Goods and Services forever. This is outside of our control.
If you interact with other users of our Online Goods and Services and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Services or Apps, and view your profile. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your community contributions.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post in our marketing material. If so, we will endeavour to get your permission before copying or quoting your message and if we cannot get your permission, we will anonymise the post (i.e. remove your name and/or image).
Third Party Payment Gateways
We do not handle or store full credit card details. These are captured directly by a third- party provider who will only deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. For details of third party payment providers we use, please refer to our Terms of Service located on this Site.
Changing your personal information
You have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about you at any time. You can do this by contacting us through the Contact section of our Site.
We may contact you to:
- Clarify details about your membership or digital access.
- Respond to any enquiries you make.
- Provide any information necessary for the operation and security of our Site.
We may also contact you to advise of changes to our terms and conditions, Online Goods and Services or new products or promotions.
You can choose to remove yourself from email marketing communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.
Links to other websites
Our Site may provide links to other websites when we consider you may be interested in the contents of those sites. We do not endorse any third-party sites, or their content and we have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Before you disclose any personal information to another site, we advise you to check its terms and conditions, including its privacy and security policies.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy by uploading a revised Policy onto our Site. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised Policy.
New Zealand law governs this Policy.